Fire Engulfs House After Cylinder Explosion In Niladri Vihar


BHUBANESWAR: A major fire broke out in Niladri Vihar area of Bhubaneswar following an explosion of a domestic gas cylinder, in which a house was gutted on Saturday.

While no one was injured in the fire, properties worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes, said locals.

The incident has occurred in the sector-3 area of Niladri Vihar while no one of the family members was present in the house.

“We suddenly came out from our house after we heard a blast. We saw the fire engulfed a building. Fortunately, no one was¬†present in the house,” said Trinath Behera, a neighbour.

Meanwhile, fire service personnel managed to douse the fire after several hours effort.

“We are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire. But, it seems the fire may have broken out following gas cylinder blast,” said a fire service officer.