Close shave for passengers as fire catches Sameleswari Express


Bhubaneswar: Passengers had a close shave as a fire erupted in an AC coach of the Samaleswari Express train at Jharsuguda on Friday.

According to reports, an electrical short circuit caused the fire in the train that was on its way from Howrah to Sambalpur.

The AC Coach-II was filled with smokes. However, the intensity of the fire was very low. While the fire extinguishers installed in the coach were not working, such equipment was brought from the nearby coaches and the fire was extinguished, said sources.

Passengers resented that fire safety personnel didn’t reach the bogey on time and the train was allowed to run from Jharsuguda to Sambalpur without a proper check.