Bhubaneswar: BJP President Amit Shah released the party’s manifesto for Odisha here on Sunday.
“The BJP’s manifesto for Odisha is based on 9 points. These are the 9 pillars of our vision for the development of New Odisha,” said Shah.
Shah promised to make Odisha a ‘Model State’ in next five years if the party is voted to power in Odisha.
A Dignified and Secure life for Women of Odisha
1. We promise to enact a legislation making a provision to award the capital punishment to those involved in rape of girls aged 15 years or younger.
2. We shall implement strict security measures in all residential schools and shelter homes including women security personnel, surveillance facilities, women wardens etc to ensure the safety of girl children.
3. We shall introduce the Shail Bala Two-wheeler Yojana to provide a two-wheeler free of cost to all meritorious girl students upon completion of Plus-two education.
4. We shall launch the Subhadra Samriddhi Yojana wherein every girl child on enrollment in 10th class, 12th class and graduate education will receive Rs 10,000, Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively, and on completion of graduate education will receive Rs 15,000 in her bank account opened at the time of her birth.
5. We will give smartphones to all members of Women’s SHGs with 2GB monthly data.
6. We shall offer a monthly benefit of Rs 500 to all Green Card Holders.
7. We will increase the widow pension to Rs 1000 for the age group above 60 years and to Rs 1500 per month for those above the age of 79 years.
8. We promise a one-time loan waiver for all outstanding loans taken by women SHGs and to create a revolving fund of Rs. 2000 Crore to provide interest free loans and seed money to both old and new SHGs.
9. We shall introduce a one of its kind Women SHG centric “Maker to Market” initiative to link their products to the national and international market.
10. We will launch 314 Maa Tara Tarini Stores at block level. These stores will procure products from Women run SHGs of that area.
11. We will set up Ujjwala Sanitary Vending Machines in every village, for affordable access to quality sanitary napkins at a cost of Re 1.
We promise to free farmers and sharecroppers from the clutches of moneylenders and from their debt burden by providing interest free crop loans to all sharecroppers, small and marginal farmers of Odisha.
2. We shall ensure 100% implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN).
3. In line with the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision to double farmer incomes, we promise to provide 1.5 times the input cost as the MSP for all eligible crops.
4. We will facilitate the clearance of dues owed to the sugarcane farmers by the sugar mills in the first 150 days of forming the government and revive the sugar mills across the state.
5. We promise to introduce Mobile Dhaan Procurement Vans to facilitate the collection and procurement of Paddy at the doorstep of every farmer.
6. We promise to extend the pension benefits under Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Mandhan Yojana to include all agricultural labourers, sharecroppers, and small and 5 Confidential marginal farmers, thereby enabling them to receive a pension of Rs. 3000 per month upon crossing the age of 60 years.
7. We shall introduce a Chasi Samman Card to ensure that the various benefits that are due to them are made available to them effectively.
8. We promise to expand the irrigation network in the state through a dedicated fund of Rs. 1,00,000 crores over the next five years.
9. We promise to provide subsidy of 95% on solar pumpsets with capacity of 3 HP and 5 HP to all farmers.
10. We shall introduce Mission INDRA (Integrated Drought Proofing and Rainfed Agriculture) to promote comprehensive rain water harvesting and ground water management, including the construction of 5000 check dams across the state.
11. We shall establish Grain Storage Warehouses and Cold Chain facilities in every cluster of Gram Panchayats.
12. We promise to provide marine fishermen with 300 litres diesel and kerosene at 50% subsidy every year.
13. We promise to set up a Rs 150 Crore fund for “Odisha Silk Mission” to double the production of high quality silk in the State, especially of the Tasar variety, and to facilitate the modernisation of the silk industry.
Youth of Odisha – the future of the state
1. In keeping with the commitment of our Pratisruti Patra, we shall provide employment/ self-employment to one member in every household of the state.
2. The BJP government will establish a Skill Odisha Fund of Rs 3500 crore to skill 20 lakh youth under the Odisha Skill Development Program over the next 5 years.
3. We promise to provide the youth of the state the opportunity for self employment through a revolving fund of Rs 3000 crore which will facilitate loans of upto Rs 3 lakh at 1% interest rate.
4. We promise to start a Rs 1000 crore “Dharmapad Start-Up Fund” to support innovative business ideas and nurture the spirit of entrepreneurship among the state’s youth.
5. State of the art Open Gymnasiums shall be established at every gram panchayat and urban ward to promote a healthy lifestyle amongst the youth of Odisha.
6. We will launch a “Madhu Babu Smart Digital Device Yojana” to provide every EWS college student with a smart digital device.
7. We promise to establish 10 residential coaching institutes across the state to train socially and economically backward students for various competitive exams.
8. We promise to construct 30 Mega Youth Hostels with a capacity of over 1000 with residential and recreational facilities across the state.
Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas
1. It shall be the endeavour of our government to transform the lives of the poor of Odisha and enable them to become part of the neo – middle class (Nabamadhyabit).
2. We promise to create a separate budget to provide focused funds for the development of all backward regions of the state.
3. In keeping with the commitment of our Pratisruti Patra by 2022 every household shall live in a pucca house with toilet, drinking water, and electricity, and with proper title (patta).
4. We will ensure that all the government vacancies are filled up within 2 years of assuming office.
5. We promise to increase the remuneration of the Anganwadi workers to Rs 15000 and for helpers to Rs 9000 and a retirement benefit of Rs 1 lakh.
6. Immediately upon assuming office, we promise to implement 10% reservation in state government jobs and educational institutes for the economically weaker sections (EWS)
7. We shall expand and strictly implement the reservation provided to Socially and Economically Backward Classes in government jobs and educational institutions in letter and spirit.
8. We will ensure that all domestic electricity consumption by EWS households of upto 50 units will be charged at a reduced rate of Re. 1/unit.
9. We will ensure 24*7 metered tap water supply of potable, uncontaminated drinking water to all households.
10. We will ensure that Iodised salt packets priced at Re. 1 will be made available through PDS along with the Re 1 rice scheme.
11. We will increase the old age pension
to Rs 1000 for the age group above 60 years and to Rs 1500 per month for those
above the age of 79 years.