Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday reviewed the Coronavirus situation and directed different departments to take necessary steps to tackle the disease.
Coronavirus disease has now spread to more than 80 countries. Countries have reported local transmission. Hence adequate preparedness is a must.
- Chief Secretary and Collectors shall review the emerging situation on a daily basis at the State level and District level respectively. Committees constituted under their chairmanship shall be empowered to take all necessary decisions.
- Health & Family Welfare Department shall make emergency procurement of sufficient quantities of N95 masks, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) health care personnel. Buffer stocks of essential drugs and surgical shall be maintained to meet the requirement of nine months.
All hospitals including those in the private sector must be asked to set up isolation facilities.
Clinical protocols must be followed meticulously.
- Revenue & Disaster Management Department and Home Department shall ensure that officials and staff will assist health officials in contact tracing and enforcing home isolation whenever the need arises.
- General Administration Department shall restrict foreign travel of all Ministers and officers. Biometric Attendance System shall be relaxed in all government offices until further orders.
- Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department shall conduct special Gram Panchayat and Panchayat Samiti Meetings to spread awareness on COVID-2019. Panchayats to keep village surroundings clean, waste disposal management properly.
- Housing & Urban Development Department shall ensure that all ULBs will maintain cleanliness with proper waste disposal. Proper hygiene in all Aahar Kendras must be maintained.
Hoarding and Banners with related IEC content must be displayed at all prominent places and in places of congregation.
- W&CD & MS Department shall mobilise all SHGs to create awareness. Proper hygiene, hand washing must be stressed at all AWCs.
- Commerce & Transport Department shall ensure that seats, handles & bars of all public transport vehicles are sanitized every day. Masks may be provided to travellers who cough & sneeze frequently. Guidelines on respiratory etiquette be displayed.
- School & Mass Education Department shall issue advisory that floors, tables, desks, door handles & bars at the educational institutions must be disinfected every day. Sick children be advised to stay at home. Soap & running water must be available and hand washing be promoted as a mission. Special arrangements to be made in hostels.
Overall, proper IEC should be undertaken so that people do not panic. Do’s & Don’ts need to be widely publicised. Unnecessary travel should not be undertaken and large gatherings be discouraged.
Hand washing is to be publicised in a mission mode.
Health & Family Welfare Department to make
emergency procurements, Public Health Response Fund shall be augmented as per