Odisha government

West Bengal returnees should not hide: Odisha govt

Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Friday requested the West Bengal returnees not to hide and come forward for testing.

The Health Department said people, who have recent travel history to West Bengal, should not hide and must come forward for testing, which is free of cost.

“People who have returned from West Bengal recently should not hide. They must come forward for testing. Thay may seem healthy; yet could be infected and also spread infection,” said the department in a tweet.

“They are advised to contact local BDO/Tahasildar/Sarpanch and remain isolated at home. Testing is free,” it said.

The Health department further informed that only 15 per cent of the total positive cases in the state had some symptoms at the time of testing while the rest 85 per cent had no symptoms.

The department asked the persons having flu-like symptoms to dial 104 helpline anytime for medical advice.

Meanwhile, the COVID-19 positive cases increased to 147 in Odisha.