Bhubaneswar: Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU) has launched a mobile phone application ‘CESUConnect’ to help its customers amid the lockdown period.
Energy Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra launched the app through video conference.
The Minister said any person even from a rural area can lodge a complaint on this digital platform from his mobile phone observing social distancing.
This will also help in early resolution of complaints, he added.
Consumers can download the app from Google Play Store and use it to pay their electricity dues amid the COVID-19 situation.
Besides, they can lodge complaints related to electricity and billings through the CESUConnect app.
Major salient features of CESUConnect app:
- Registration of Electricity Related or Bill Related Complaints to CESU.
- Payment of Electricity Dues through various digital modes – debit card, credit card, net banking, mobile phone digital wallets and BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System)
- Registration of power theft information under CESU Reward Scheme where the informer gets 10% of amount realised from such information.
- It shows the current bill status.
- It shows the consumption pattern for last six months.
- It shows the bill history of last six months.
- It shows the payment history of last six months.
- Managing Multiple Consumer Accounts.