Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Sunday allowed movement of public transport, which was suspended due to nationwide lockdown for COVID-19 outbreak, in the state.
The government allowed intra-state bus services, other passenger vehicles, and city buses with full sitting capacity of the vehicle.
This apart, intra-state movement of two wheelers, private vehicles, official vehicles, taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber etc.), four wheelers and auto rickshaws (up to 2 passengers apart from the driver) will be allowed.
Following activities are permitted with restrictions:
1. Inter-State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual consent of the State(s)/ UT(s) involved.
2. Intra-State movement of two wheelers, private vehicles, official vehicles, taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber etc.). Four wheelers and Auto Rickshaws are allowed with up to 2 passengers apart from the driver.
3. Intra-State Buses, other Passenger vehicles and City Buses are allowed to operate up to sitting capacity of the vehicle.
4. Intra-State trains are allowed to operate following the SOP of MHA and Indian Railways.
5. Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ stops are allowed round the clock, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
6. All passengers travelling across the State by any mode of transport shall compulsorily wear face masks and persons with visible symptoms will not be permitted board.