Bhubaneswar: Six more persons have succumbed to COVID-19 in Odisha, while as many as 527 persons tested positive for coronavirus in last 24 hours, informed the health department on Wednesday.
Three of the deceased are from Ganjam and one each from Kendrapara, Khurda and Rayagada.
With this, the number of COVID related deaths in the state climbed to 48.
Details of six COVID deaths
1. Male patient aged 80 years of Rayagada district. Also suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
2. Male patient aged 56 years of Ganjam district.
3. Male patient aged 49 years of Kendrapara district. Also suffering from Diabetes.
4. Male patient aged 55 years of Bhubaneswar.
5. Male patient aged 64 years of Ganjam. Also suffering from Diabetes.
6. Female patient aged 50 years of Ganjam. Also suffering from Diabetes.
Out of 527 fresh Covid-19 positive cases, 338 were reported from quarantine centres and 189 are local contacts.
This is the second consecutive day that the State has hit Covid-19 cases over 500-mark.
The total positive tally in Odisha rose to 10, 624. The active cases stand at 3860 while the total recoveries at 6703.