Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched 12 different industrial projects in the state with a combined investment of Rs 8796.61 crore.
The Chief Minister did ground-breaking of 10 industrial units with investments over Rs 8038.43 crore.
He also inaugurated of 2 industrial projects with investments over Rs 758.6 crore.
The projects include 8 MSME and 4 large projects in sectors ranging from health care, renewable energy, steel, IT, cement, and food processing.
These 12 industrial units will generate employment opportunities for 7090 persons in the state.
The Chief Minister said, “I am particularly happy to note that our State continues its dominance as a premier investment destination for the investor community – even after the impact of COVID -19 across the world. I note that the projects being taken up for groundbreaking and inauguration are in broad-based sectors including renewable energy, sea food processing, IT/ITeS and others.”
Industries Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra said the the department is taking up various proactive initiatives to attract new investments in our focus sectors through various webinars with the global investor community.
“Even during the COVID pandemic period, we have been able to attract new investments across multiple sectors and working towards grounding of those,” he added.
The projects that were inaugurated:
- Ramco Cement Limited’s cement grinding plant at Haridaspur in Jajpur.
- Aditya Birla Renewables Limited’s solar power plant at Bijepur in Bargarh at a capacity of 25 KW.
The projects for which ground-breaking was done are:
- Rungta Mines Limited’s expansion of its Integrated Steel Plant from 0.9 MTPA to 2.85 MTPA capacity at Jharbandh in Dhenkanal.
- Shyam Metalics and Energy limited’s new unit for expansion of its Pelet plant from 0.3 MTPA to 1.2 MTPA capacity at Pandloi, Sambalpur.
- UBN Software solution’s software development centre at SEZ Infovalley, Khorda.
- B-One Business House Pvt. Limited’s new Sea Food Processing unit at Deras, Khorda.
- Swosti Ecowares Limited’s Bio-degradable table wares disposal manufacturing unit at Growth Centre, Phase II, Balangir.
- Baidyabooti Pharmacy’s Ayurvedic Products & Cosmetics manufacturing unit at Chhatabar, Khordha.
- Mehan Industries Limited’s Coir Mattress & Foam manufacturing unit at Chhatabar, Khordha.
- Diversified Energy Solution Limited’s Non-autoclave, lightweight cellular concrete bricks and slabs unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.
- Swagath Urethane Pvt. Limited’s Polyurethane Elastomer manufacturing unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.
- Omm Eco Build Tech’s Autoclaved aerated concrete blocks manufacturing unit at Ramdashpur, Cuttack.