Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday launched SUMANGAL portal to provide cash incentives for promotion of inter-caste marriage.
The Chief Minister launched the portal www.sumangal.odisha.gov.in to provide Rs 2.5 lakh incentive for inter-caste marriages.
Patnaik said social harmony will prevail with this kind of marriages.
Inter caste marriage strengthens social integration, lessens caste-prejudices and spread the values of equality and harmony in society, the Chief Minister added.
Incentive award for Inter-caste marriage
For social integration and removal of untouchability, the state government has made a provision for awarding cash incentive to inter-caste married couples if marriage solemnized between caste Hindus and Schedule Castes belonging to Hindu communities.
The Odisha government has raised the cash incentives for inter-caste marriage to Rs 2.5 lakh.
Who can apply through Sumangal portal
- Inter-caste marriages solemnized between the caste Hindus and the Scheduled Castes belonging to the Hindu community. The marriage should be valid as per the law and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Both the spouses should be citizens of India permanent residents of Odisha and should be professing the Hindu religion.
- One of the spouses should belonging to the scheduled castes as defined under Article 341 of the Constitution of India.
- The government would give the incentive for purchase of lands/essential articles for house-hold or for starting a business.
- The grant shall be given only once. Persons marrying for the first time only will be entitled to the grant except in the case, where the bride is a widow or the bride-groom a widower and this should be clearly mentioned in the marriage registration certificate.
- Award of grant and the above facilities shall be admissible in case of marriage solemnized only after date of issue of Resolution issued by Govt. from time to time.
- No incentive is available on second or subsequent marriage
The applicant has to register on the Sumangal portal with required documents to avail the cash incentives for inter-caste marriage.
One needs to submit photocopy of the registered marriage certificate, caste certificate of both spouses, joint photo of couple etc.
Applicant has to give details including name and permanent address, phone number, email id and a password during the registration on the portal.
After entering the details, the applicant need to enter phone number, OTP, password and Captcha for login.