Bhubaneswar / Berhampur: As another significant step in providing reliable power supply to consumers, TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL), a joint venture between Tata Power and the Government of Odisha, has introduced an innovative solution called a mobile substation in its area of operation.
The mobile substation includes a distribution transformer, High Tension & Low Tension protection devices along with other equipment mounted on a mobile trolley. The mobile compact substation is a plug-in type substation and requires around 1.5 Hours for putting into service apart from the travel time.
It is used to quickly restore power supply to customers, during conditions such as failure of an existing transformer and in case of emergency services to major organisations such as hospitals, water supply or natural calamities like storms and cyclones.
“The initiative is a part of our mission to introduce new technologies and provide reliable power supply to our customers. We will continue to innovate and introduce new services with a focus on customer satisfaction,” said Arvind Singh, Chief Executive Officer, TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited.
Advantages of Mobile Substation:
• Mobile substations can be moved quickly to restore electrical service in case of a faulty Distribution Transformer.
• The substation can be of immense help in quick restoration of power supply in case of emergency Services to Critical customers like Hospital, Water supply, etc.
• In case of a refurbishment of the DSS, Mobile substations can be used to supply power to the customers.
• It can also be used in providing Temporary Power Supply during project works.
• The substation is Compact and has easy mobility, hence helps in immediate power restoration at the time of natural calamities like storms and cyclones.