Capital Hospital

Admission for PG seats at Capital Hospital soon

BHUBANESWAR: The Odisha government has fixed a deadline for upgrading the state-run Capital Hospital into a Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Science (PGIMS) by March 2017.

Admission to Post Graduation courses at Capital Hospital here will take place soon, said Health Minister Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak.

The Health minister said 26 PG seats would be filled up in the first phase for which the state government will spend Rs 170 crore.Capital Hospital

In a review meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday, it was decided that the infrastructure work would be completed in two years.

There would be 26 PG seats in eight departments–medicines, surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic, pathology, anesthesiology, radiology and paediatrics.

The minister also informed that the construction work for five medical colleges-Bolangir, Koraput, Balasore, Puri and Baripada- is in full swing.

All five proposed medical colleges would have student intake capacity of 100 each and around Rs 200 crores would be spent for upgradation of all district headquarters hospitals to a full-fledged medical college and hospital in each case.

The minister informed that the project cost would come from centrally-sponsored Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana scheme.

While the centre will provide 75 percent, the state will shoulder the rest 25 per cent cost for upgrdation of the five hospitals to medical colleges.