BHUBANESWAR: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday announced that procurement price of Kendu leaves would be fixed at 70 paise per Kerry in process area and Rs.1.40 in Phal area for 2016 crop year.
The Chief Minister made the announcement at Kendu Leaf Board meeting here.
He said his government is committed to the development and welfare of Kendu leaf pluckers, binders and seasonal staff.
- Dividends of 25 percent and special additional dividends of 25 percent for drought shall be disbursed to pluckers for the Kendu Leaf Year 2015. This will benefit 7.90 lakh pluckers.
- For the first time, incentive award at the rate of 10 percent of monthly wages shall be paid to the seasonal staff. This will benefit eighteen thousand seasonal staff.
- For the first time, Incentive award at the rate of 10 percent of their total wages shall be disbursed to the binders. This will benefit twenty thousand binders.
- Funds to the tune of Rupees 5 crores to Welfare Trust of Kendu Leaf Pluckers and Binders, and similarly Rupees one crore to the Welfare Trust of seasonal staff shall be made available for undertaking their respective mandates.
- Procurement price of Kendu leaves shall be fixed at 70 paise per Kerry in process area and Rs.1.40 in Phal area for 2016 crop year.