BHUBANESWAR: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday inaugurated the permanent campus of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) here.
The Prime Minister interacted with around 3,000 students and the faculty members of NISER.
Modi: Our scientists & professors are always thinking about doing something or the other that is new. They are researching & innovating always
- Bricks and cement don’t only make buildings. Oneness with people makes institutions centres of inspiration
- Let us make this campus India’s greenest campus
- Apart from greenery, this campus should think about solar technology, zero discharge
- India’s space mission has made a mark across the world
- The moment innovation stops, systems lose their life. Innovation is the need of the hour, for every society and every era
- We require innovation in every field to bring revolution including blue, green, saffron and white revolutions
- We need innovation to fulfil the requirement of the country
- The innovation must be based on affordable and sustainable technology. Innovation of LED bulb is a glaring example
- We can save 20,000 MW energy by using LED bulbs in 100 cities
- If we get mastery on use of solar energy, then I don’t think we depend on any other energy
- As we have targeted to provide house for all, we need innovation to create wealth from waste that would also boost the Swachh Bharat movement
- Scientific temper needs to be developed among the school going students and teachers can be trained in collaboration with such institutions
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said Odisha has a great tradition of excellence in science.
Biju Babu had a strong affinity towards science and technology and encouraged youth to develop a scientific temper, he added.
Established in 2007, NISER is an institute under the department of atomic energy (DAE). It offers integrated five-year master’s programme in various branches of basic sciences to students after their Plus-II apart from PhD programmes. It admits students through National Entrance Screening Test (NEST).