CUTTACK: Justice Vineet Saran will be the next Chief Justice of Orissa High Court, and he will take oath on February 26, said an official announcement.
The former veteran Allahabad judge and current judge at Karnataka high court will replace Pradip Kumar Mohanty (Acting chief justice), who has been heading the post since February 15 after the transfer of Justice DHWaghela to Bombay High Court.
Odisha governor S.C.Jamir will administer the oath of office to Saran at a swearing-in ceremony on February 26.
Academic details of Justice Vineet Saran
- Graduated from Allahabad University in the year 1976 and obtained LL.B. Degree in the year 1979/80.
- Enrolled as an advocate with the U.P. Bar Council on 28.07.1980.
- Practised in the Allahabad High Court from 28.07.1980 to 13.02.2002 on the original, constitution, civil and criminal sides, Conducted cases for various private and public sector.
- Worked Companies and also as special counsel for the Central and State Governments.
- Served as Additional Advocate General for the State of U.P. in the year1995.
- Elevated as permanent Judge on 14.02.2002.
- Took oath as Judge of Karnataka High Court on 16.02.2015