Bhubaneswar: Former Kendrapada SP Satish Gajbhiye would remain suspended for another six months, said an official on Thursday.
The Odisha government has extended the suspension period of Satish Gajbhiye for another six months from August 12.
Following the approval of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, the home department has issued the order regarding the extension of the suspension.
The official said that the state government would also inform the Centre about the decision soon.
Notably, a meeting of a committee headed by Chief Secretary AP Padhi was held at the Secretariat here last Friday. The committee recommended the government to extend the suspension of Gajbhiye.
The former Kendrapara SP was suspended for misusing power, alleged violation of human rights and police excesses during a demonstration against self-styled godman Sarathi Baba alias Santosh Raula on August 7 last year.
There were also allegations that he had amassed huge property in the name of his wife in Gopa block of Puri district.