3 of family critical in fire mishap in Puri

Bhubaneswar: In a fire mishap, a man, his wife and daughter received critical burn injuries as a fire spread in their house while they were fast asleep in Odisha’s Puri district on Saturday night.

The incident occurred at Danagahiri village under Pipili police limits.

The injured couple was identified as Mohammad Abdul (65) and his wife Rahima Bibi. The injured have been rushed to the SCB Medical College and Hospital.

All household articles, a bike and a cycle have also burnt to ashes.

Though exact reason behind the incident was not yet known, it is suspected that some miscreants set the house on fire by pouring kerosene while they were sleeping late in the night.