Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Pradesh Congress Commitee (OPCC) on Sunday released its party manifesto ahead of Assembly and general elections in the state.
The manifesto released by PCC President Niranjan Patnaik promised 19 points to
It has assured assistance of Rs 6,000 per month under the NYAY scheme to the poor and waive off the crop loans for farmers.
The manifesto also mentioned that the healthcare sector will get a boost by setting up more medical colleges if the party is voted to power.
* Loan waiver for farmers up to Rs 2 lakh.
* Money of those farmers, who have repaid the loan, will be refunded.
* Monthly pension of Rs 1500 for farmers above 60 years of age.
* Financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per year to farmers for 3 years.
* Minimum Support Price (MSP) of Rs 2600 per quintal for paddy.
* Government or private job will be provided to one member of each family.
* Unemployment allowance of Rs 3000 per month.
* Free education for women till +2 course. Free higher education, including MBBS and Engineering courses, for women in Government Colleges
* Old-age pension of Rs 1500 per month. Rs 2,000/month pension for widows and single women above 60 years of age. Rs 2,000 per month old-age pension for those above 70 years of age.
* 33 per cent quota for women in government jobs.
* A 5-year plan will be unveiled to provide homestead land to every landless family in a village and shelter for every urban homeless family by 2024.
* Regularisation of contractual jobs in public sector.
* Drinking water supply to every house by 2024.
* Money of chit fund scam victims will be refunded in six months.
* Anganwadi workers to be taken on regular service with a higher pay of Rs 9,000/month.
* Incubation fund of Rs 1 crore/block to support women entrepreneurs.
* Every police station will have a dedicated women desk to address violence against women.
* Comprehensive and credible initiative
to curb alcoholism will be unveiled within 100 days.