Bhubaneswar: The railway authorities have cancelled several trains running through Odisha due to prevailing unrest over the enactment of Citizenship Amendment Act 2019 (CAA).
In view of massive public agitation at different railway stations including Sankrail, Maurigram, Bankra Nayabaj and Nalpur stations in Howrah-Kharagpur Railway Section of South Eastern Railway, many trains have been cancelled and controlled at different railway stations.
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS ON 14.12.2019 FROM HOWRAH:
01. 20889 Howrah-Tirupati Humsafar Express from Howrah.
02. 22877 Howrah-Ernakulam Antyoday Express from Howrah.
03. 12841 Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express from Howrah.
04. 12245 Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Express from Howrah.
05. 18645 Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express.
06. 12847 Howrah-Pune Duronto Express
07. 12860 Howrah-Mumbai CSMT Gitanjali Express
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS FROM PURI:
01. 22890 Puri-Digha Express will remain cancelled on 14.12.2019 (Saturday) from Puri due to cancellation of connecting train.
02. 58002 Puri-Santragachhi Passenger from Puri on 15.12.2019 due to cancellation of connecting train.
03. 58404 Puri-Khurda Passenger on 15.12.2019 due to cancellation of connecting train.
PARTIAL CANCELLATION OF TRAINS ON 14.12.2019:
01. 12278/12277 Puri-Howrah-Puri Shatabdi Express will run between Puri and Kharagpur and will remain cancelled between Kharagpur and Howrah from both the directions.
02. 12074/12073 Bhubaneswar-Howrah-Bhubaneswar Jan Shatabdi Express will run between Bhubaneswar and Mechheda and will remain cancelled between Mechheda and Howrah from both the directions.
CONTROL OF TRAINS AT DIFFERENT PLACES:
01. Chennai-Howrah Coromandal Express at Panskura
02. Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto Express at Bhadrak
03. Secunderabad-Howrah Falaknuma Express at Jajpur Keonjhar Road.
04. Puri-Howrah Dhauli Express at Cuttack.