Bhubaneswar: Odisha has received Rs 4373 crore in the railway sector in the Union Budget 2020-21, said the East Coast Railway (ECoR) on Wednesday.
The total outlay for ECoR is Rs 5865 crore.
Odisha has received Rs 1620 crore less in Rail Budget 2020:
Last year’s total outlay for state was Rs 5993 crore including NTPC’s Rs 1400 crore investment.
1. Khurda Road-Balangir line has got lot of emphasis after intervention of Prime Minister. This project has got 520 crores, this year. Last year this project got 350 crores.
2. Similarly, Angul-Sukinda project, also monitored by centre, has got 400 crores. Last year this project got 250 crores.
3. Haridaspur-Paradeep line will be commissioned before March end, this year. It has got only 100 crores to settle final bills. No further funds are required for this project.
4. Doubling projects don’t require land acquisition and are progressing well. These projects have got very good allotments compared to last year.
5. New announcement this year is New line between Gopalpur and Sambalpur via Phulbani. This line has been sanctioned in principle but will await final approval of Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs and Niti Ayog.
6. Naupada-Gunupur line has been sanctioned and extended up to Theruvali in principle but will await final approval of Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs and Niti Ayog.
7. Maneswar near Sambalpur has a new Wagon Repair maintenance facility coming up. A substantial amount of Rupees 20 Crores has been allotted.
8. Electrification of entire East Coast
Railway is being taken up. A sum of Rupees 180 Crores has been allotted for