Balasore: A 55-year-old woman was killed and two others of the family sustained injuries following an LPG cylinder explosion in their house in Bhograi of Balasore district on Friday afternoon.
The incident occurred at Ganeswarpur under Manadarsahi Gram Panchayat coming under Bhograi block.
The deceased was identified as Malati Behera. The injured, Sapan Behera (65), husband of Malati, and his daughter-in-law , Leena Behera (45) were admitted to the Jaleswarpur Government hospital.
“The mishap occurred at about 2.30 pm as a domestic LPG cylinder exploded due to some unknown reason,” said police.
However, the source said the family used to manufacture crackers and the house had a stock of crackers.
Due to an electrical short circuit, the mud-and-thatch house caught fire leading to the mishap, sources added.