Jharsuguda: Days after a major fire broke out in SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar that killed 26 persons so far, another similar incident happened on Sunday at the Central Hospital of Mahanadi Coalfield Limited (MCL) in Jharsuguda.
The X-ray room of the health center completely damaged following the fire.
According to reports, the fire broke at around 5 pm on Sunday due to the electric short circuit in an air conditioner in the X-ray room of the hospital. After seeing the smoke, some local people informed the fire tenders and hospital staff.
However, no injuries or casualties were reported, said sources.
The 150-bedded hospital at Brajrajnagar in the Western Odisha district was established in 1982 and has been running with around 40 doctors.
Jharsugada Collector Bibhuti Bhusan Patnaik said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident to know how the fire broke out.
“We will also check whether the hospital has been running with requisite fire safety license,” he added.