Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday launched three transformational projects of Odisha Police- Virtual Police Station, Road Accident Case Documents Module and Medico Legal Opinion System.
The projects were launched under 5-T aimed at reducing human interface with government offices.
Launching these projects at a function at Lok Seva Bhawan, the Chief Minister said that the government is committed to provide citizen-centric governance under 5-T.
These initiatives will effectively reduce the necessity of citizens to visit Police Stations, he added.
Virtual Police Station
• The Virtual Police Station is an online mechanism established at the State Crime Records Bureau in Bhubaneswar.
• It will facilitate online registration of FIR in unknown motor vehicle theft cases. • No need to visit to Police Station
• If a case remains undetected for 21 days, final form shall be auto-generated at CCTNS.
• It will benefit citizens from claiming insurance in motor vehicle theft cases.
• A citizen can also file FIR through the Citizens Portal or Sahayata Mobile App.
Road Accident Case Documents Module
• This is a web-based application which can be accessed by visiting the site www.imsop.odisha.gov.in
• This module will help insurance companies or the victims in downloading the required documents like FIR, Final Form, Spot map, MVI report, post mortem report, driving license, registration certificate or any other document as required.
• It will do away the role of middlemen and expedite the process of insurance claims.
• Insurance companies can approach Crime Records Bureau for creation of user IDs and Passwords to access the site.
• Complainants can access the site by filling up requisite details and OTP sent to the mobile number mentioned in FIR.
Medico Legal Opinion System
• This web-based system is helpful to both the Police and the Medical professionals.
• The police can submit requisitions online for the medical examination of victims.
• Doctors will upload their medical examination reports online which will be downloaded by police for necessary action.
• This will ensure transparency and fix accountability in case of any undue delay in getting medical examination reports.
• It will also help in reducing extraneous considerations or interference while giving medical opinion in sensitive cases.
• Timely receipt of medical examination reports will help victims in getting compensation in time.
Minister of State for Home Dibya Sankar Mishra said that the effect of 5-T initiatives visible in the Home Department.
There is a
visible transformation in the behaviour towards women and children at Police