Bhubaneswar: Five more COVID-19 patients died in Odisha taking the death toll to 34 in the state, informed the Health Department on Saturday.
Odisha also reported 495 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours.
The five deaths are reported from Ganjam and Khordha district.
Details of five COVID-19 deaths
1. 51-year-old male of Bhubaneswar, also suffering from Pleural Tuberculosis.
2. 64-year-old male of Bhubaneswar, also suffering from Diabetes.
3. 50-year-old male of Ganjam, also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
4. 27-year-old male of Ganjam
5. 35-year-old male of Ganjam
Out of 495 fresh positive cases, 140 are local cases while the rest 355 cases have been detected from different quarantine centres. Ganjam registered the highest 216 fresh cases.
With this, the total positive cases increased to 8601 in the state.