BHUBANESWAR: The Odisha cabinet headed by chief minister Naveen Patnaik approved 14 proposals.
Here are the highlights of the Odisha cabinet decision
- Cabinet on approved constitution of Law Commission to examine all existing laws and suggest modifications to the state government
- The commission will be headed by former judge of Supreme Court or High Court while law secretary and advocate general will be ex-officio
- Besides, professor of law universities and experienced lawyers would be a member of the commission.
- It approved implementation of ‘Ama Jungle Yojana’ to regenerate the degraded forest in the state
- The government to spend Rs 1170.02 crore in next six years (2016-17 to 2021-22) through 7,000 Vana Surakshya Samitis (VSSs) in the state
- The cabinet approved for constitution of a cabinet committee on agriculture to discuss different issues relating to farming and allied sectors
- The committee to be headed by chief minister will have nine other ministers as members
- Proposal for framing amendment to the rules of Odisha Industrial Security Force to allow the benefit of extra marks for sports achievements to women candidates for recruitment to the post of constables
- The cabinet approved regarding change of the name of the Agriculture Department to ‘Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Empowerment.’
- It also approved to change the name of Planning and Coordination Department to Planning and Convergence department
- State Cabinet approves proposal on amendment to public distribution system
- According to the decision of the Odisha cabinet, the ration card management system centres opened at block and municipality level will include and exclude the beneficiaries
- Amendment to BPUT Act gets state cabinet approval
- Tenure of BPUT Vice Chancellor decreased to 3 yrs from 5 yrs