Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has allowed the market sale of life-saving Covid-19 drugs Remdesivir and Favipiravir with certain conditions.
The Directorate of Drugs Control, Odisha has stipulated certain conditions for market sale of the Covid-19 drugs.
Here are the conditions:
- They will be sold under the prescriptions of Medical Specialists only.
Informed consent of the patient or/her representative in the prescribed form is mandatory before initiating the treatment.
- The drug will be made available to the patient/ representative only through in-house retain chemists attached chemist shop to hospitals/ nursing homes having valid drug licenses.
- The retail chemist shop will mandatorily retain a photocopy of the prescription, photocopy of written consent of the patient or his/her representative, residential proof of the purchaser and his/her contact details before the supply of the medicines as a record for verification in addition to fulfilment of other conditions under the Drug and Cosmetics Rules.
- Remdesivir formulations are required to be supplied for use only to the hospitals/institutions to ensure proper use of the drug under the Restricted Emergency Use. In no case, Remdesivir formulation is to be sold to any patient/ his representative directly.
- The retail chemist shall furnish details of purchase/sell the drugs to the respective range Drug Inspector on a weekly basis.