Bhubaneswar: The Central Electricity Supply Utility (CESU) on Tuesday said consumers in 11, 397 villages would face power supply disconnection over unpaid bills.
CESU CEO Arun Bothra said 413 squads have been formed to carry out disconnection drive in 20 divisions starting January 16, 2020.
He informed that 11, 397 villages have been identified where the disconnection drive will be launched.
Bothra said of the total 7 lakh defaulters, nearly 1.10 lakh consumers have cleared their dues so far and a total of Rs 21 crore has been collected.
the consumers to clear their pending bills by January 15, failing which power
supply to their homes, business establishments or government offices will be
disconnected,” said Bothra.